Short, Simple, Clear Car Leasing
The process of leasing a car or van with Clear Car Leasing couldn’t be easier. Our team is here to ensure each of our customers is helped with every part of the leasing process, from choosing the right car to making sure your brand new vehicle is delivered on time.
If you’re new to car leasing, some helpful advice and guidance from the experts here at Clear Car Leasing will make sure you start off on the right track and know exactly what’s involved.
There are 5 very important questions that you need to understand and have all the answers to before jumping into car leasing, which will ensure your journey with us is a smooth and happy one, all of which are relevant for both car leasing and commercial leasing.
- What is my budget?
- What car/van do I need (rather than want!)?
- Do I really know what leasing a vehicle entails?
- Finance – what kind of finance will be offered to me?
- Is it really important that I’m totally honest?
Before signing up for an 18 month or even a 3 or 4 year contract, it’s important to know and understand exactly what leasing is all about.
1. What is my budget? – You don’t want to stretch yourself by choosing to lease a car you really can’t afford. Sticking to a budget you know is easy to cover every month is sensible and will stop you from having to worry about your finances.
2. What car/van do I need (rather than want!)? – For many this is a tough one, as what we really want to lease as opposed to what we should be leasing can often win out. However, sense must prevail – there’s no point leasing a big saloon car such as the Jaguar XF when most of the time you’re just nipping to town and back and would be best suited to a car such as the Fiat 500.
The best advice is to look at your current situation and choose a car that suits the life you lead. If you have three children and two dogs, then an estate car such as the Volvo V60 or a Land Rover Discovery might be a better option for you rather than a small hatchback such as the Skoda Fabia.
3. Do I really know what leasing a vehicle entails? – You need to fully understand what leasing a car or van actually involves. You’re essentially entering into a financial agreement which involves an initial payment followed by monthly payments for the duration of your lease term which need to be covered to avoid penalties.
Always read the paperwork associated with your lease contract and ask questions if there’s anything you don’t understand.
4. Finance – what kind of finance will be offered to me? – When leasing a car or van through a Personal Contract Hire (PCH) or Business Contract Hire (BCH) agreement you are basically renting the vehicle for a set period of time before it’s returned. This means that the finance company is the one who remains the registered owner and keeper of the vehicle for the duration of your chosen lease term and also has the worry of depreciation and what to do with the vehicle at the end of your contract.
5. Is it really important that I’m totally honest when I apply? – YES, YES, YES! It’s a serious criminal offence making a false application and is classed as fraud – remember, lies always catch you out in the end. You should answer all the questions honestly and truthfully to avoid being caught out and possibly putting a negative against your name in the future.
Please click here to find out more about our business/personal car and van leasing services and amazing offers, or give us a call NOW on 01904 55 75 44.